ÁTVR is a member of the UN Global Compact and has implement the ten principles of the United Nations into its purchasing process. ÁTVR has in collaboration with the Nordic monopolies been working towards a supply chain built on social responsibility. UN Global Compact has been the guideline in that work.
Global Compact is an agreement by the United Nations on the ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
The ten principles are internationally recognized and are based on:
Global Compact encourages companies to support and implement certain fundamental values concerning human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
Main priciples of the Global Compact are:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.